Before starting this Zenfone 4 Marshmallow update process, be sure FOTA update is available or Not by checking Settings > About > System Update in your device. You will able to download the update straightforwardly from there if the FOTA is available. But you can manually update your device by following the step by step guide below if FOTA is not available.
Make sure you do these tasks before starting the update:
- Make sure you backup your personal data from your device to your other storage or computer
- Only the latest lollipop firmware can get Marshmallow update so make sure you run it
- You need to factory reset you device
- Your phone battery should be 100% charged
Zenfone 4 Marshmallow Firmware Download Instructions
To download the firmware, make sure you:
- Visit www.asus.com/support
- Find your Device Type And Name ( for instance: Zenfone 4)
- Tap Driver And Tools
- Tap Operating System: Android
- Tap Firmware
- Search for the Zenfone 4 Marshmallow ROM (make sure the SKU is proper for your device). You can tap Global to begin downloading
Zenfone 4 Marshmallow Firmware Installation Instruction
To install the update into your device follow these steps:
- Copy the ROM.zip file straight into the internal memory of your device and do paste it into any Folder. You do not need to extract the .zip file.
- If you use PC to download and copy the file into the device, disconnect the data cable.
- Wait until a notification appear telling that System Update File Detected. Press the OK key to start installation (If you do not get the notification, you may want to reboot your device).
- Wait until the installation process is complete. After installation is complete you may need to perform a factory reset. Now you can enjoy the Zenfone 4 Marshmallow in your device.
Zenfone 4 Marshmallow Benefits
Marshmallow brings the best web experience. The way you browse the web with Asus Zenfone 4 has been improved with the update. There will be no lags or crashes to enjoy an improved web browsing experience. It will be quicker than ever to surf the websites and Google has solved the heating issues while browsing the web. Marshmallow is also optimized for swiftness and performance. The old versions had a lot of heating and hanging issues but the release of the new Android has fixed them. The device’s performance and touch response is increased after updating your Asus Zenfone 4 to Marshmallow. The new Zenfone 4 Marshmallow OS upgrade also offer fun android widgets.