Why won’t my iPhone connect to Wi-Fi? Sometimes, we are frustrated with an iPhone when it has an intermittent wireless internet connection problem because the device cannot remember which network is the default network. If you are at home and you have a wireless port, your device will connect to that port at any time. However, your device may not be able to remember your home access point if its SSID is hidden.
Why Won’t My iPhone Connect to Wi-Fi
Why won’t my iPhone connect to Wi-Fi? Your iPhone may forget its settings when you connect it to another access point, especially the access point that broadcasts their SSID. Your device has become unable to connect to Wi-Fi. To solve this problem, here is the following list of steps to restore wireless internet connection or Wi-Fi as before.
- Open ‘Settings’ app on the main menu or desktop.
- Tap ‘Wi-Fi, than tap ‘Other’. It will be displayed under other wireless networks that are found by your device.
- Type in the actual SSID for your wireless connection, whatever the name is used for your home or default wireless network.
- Select security mode.
- In this menu, you can see some options, i.e. None, WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA Enterprise, and WPA2 Enterprise.
- Select on WEP that will do it even if you configure the access point for other security methods.
- If you are prompted to enter a password, you can type a series of random letters and numbers, as you desire. If you have an actual practical password, you can also type it in it.
- Tap the ‘Join’ button. You may get an error message that your password is incorrect. However, based on your device’s memory of a particular SSID, it will still connect to that access point even if its login details are incorrect.
- The device will attempt to connect to the registered SSID and be reminded of the previous connection settings. To be sure, this can be seen at the top of your iPhone screen.
This is the first step in troubleshooting why won’t my iPhone connect to Wi-Fi. In a simple way, your iPhone is guaranteed to be back to connect with the internet. However, if you have followed the steps correctly but it is not working on your device, your device may be damaged. If this happens, one of the best ways is to make repairs at the nearest Apple authorized store