Before you give or sell your iPhone to someone, it is better to disable the ‘Find My iPhone’ feature from your iCloud account. This is important because if you keep activating it, it is the same as you spy on your recent device. To know how to turn off ‘Find My iPhone feature, you may open ‘Settings’ > ‘iCloud’ > ‘Find My iPhone’ on your smartphone and get rid of the check.
How to Turn Off Find My iPhone
However, if you do not hold the iPhone or cannot access it because it forgot its password, this can be a problem. Fortunately, there are some ways to know how to turn off ‘Find My iPhone feature remotely. Here are the solutions.
Keep in your mind, iCloud.com can be opened through the smartphone browser, even if you use the desktop feature. Here are the steps:
- Turn off your device. The iOS device must be offline to complete the process. Therefore, make sure the device to connect is off.
- Open the iCloud website. In the web browser on your computer, navigate to iCloud.com and enter using your Apple ID information.
- Open ‘Find iPhone’. Click on ‘Find iPhone’ from the iCloud app that is appeared after you log into your account.
- Select your device. Click on ‘All Devices’ and select the device you want to disable ‘Find My iPhone’ feature.
- Select the option to disable ‘Find My iPhone’. There are two options that you can choose to disable ‘Find My iPhone’ feature, i.e.:
- Erase iPhone
You can follow the instructions provided in the ‘Offline’ window that appears on the screen. If your device is not lost, you do not need to enter phone numbers or messages. But if the reason is lost or stolen, you need to enter your personal information.
- Remove from List
If you give your iPhone to someone else but they cannot activate the device because the device is still listed in your iCloud account, select ‘Remove from Account’. Do not select ‘Erase iPhone’. Another alternative way is to click on the ‘X’ icon next to the device name and under the ‘All Devices’ menu. Click ‘Remove’ to confirm the process on the final pop-up.
From Other iOS Devices
‘Find My iPhone’ feature can also be deactivated remotely using the ‘Find My iPhone’ app if you have more than one iPhone device. First, you may open the app, and then log in to your Apple account. After that, select an offline device, and then press ‘Erase iPhone’ from the bottom or ‘Remove’ from the top right corner. Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to continue the process.
By computers and other iPhone devices you have, you can find out how to turn off ‘Find My iPhone feature. It is important to do so that will not harm yourself or others later.
So there are several ways you can try. Each way is simple enough and fast to do. If you don’t know how to turn off Find My iPhone before, you can try one of the recommendations above.