HP is one of the leading technology manufacturers in the world and it offers great features on its laptop products. One of the features is capturing what the screen displays at the moment. Making screenshots here isn’t that different from other Windows devices. It is just a matter of the keys to use. Check out the following guide to learn how to take a screenshot on a HP laptop.
How to Take a Screenshot on a HP Laptop
There are many options in taking screenshots on HP laptops. Moreover, all these ways can be done easily as long as you know the function of each key on the keyboard. Here are the steps on how to take a screenshot on a HP laptop you can try and follow.
Take a Full-Screen Screenshot
- Press the ‘Print Screen’ button (it says ‘PrtSc’) on your keyboard. It is located on the top right corner of the keyboard next to the ‘Insert’ button
- Paste the captured of screenshot. The most common way to paste it is to paste it into the ‘Paint’ program. In this way, you can save the screenshot as an image file that can be sent to someone else.
- Save full-screen the screenshot directly as files. When you press the ‘⌘ Win’ + ‘PrtScr’ key, you can immediately save the full screen screenshot as a file, without having to paste it in another program. The file is stored in the ‘Screenshots’ subdirectory in the ‘Pictures’ directory. If the directory does not exist, Windows will automatically create it.
Taking Screenshots for Single Window Program
- Click the program window that you want to take the screenshot. The ‘One Window’ screen capture function allows you to take a screenshot of the current program window. It means that the program window should be displayed in front of other program windows.
- Hold the ‘Alt’ + PrtSc’ keys. After that, the program window screenshot will be copied to the clipboard. The dimensions will be determined by the window size when the screenshot is taken.
- Paste the screenshot. The most common way to paste it is to paste the screenshot into the Paint program. In this way, you can save the screen shot as an image file that can be sent to someone else
With these steps on how to take a screenshot on a HP laptop, you can save the result to different types of image formats. Make sure the file size does not exceed the size specified when you want to upload it on the web