Setting up Gmail in Outlook 2016 is very important to do to make your work easier. One of the most commonly used and highly recommended ways is using IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) setting. By IMAP, communication can be done in both directions so that both will sync each other data. You can also make a folder and delete the E-Mail from Microsoft Outlook.
Setting Up Gmail in Outlook 2016 by IMAP Setting
Before you set up in Outlook, you have to set in your Gmail account. You also may ‘Login’ into your Gmail account and open the ‘Settings’ page with the gear icon. Then, click on the ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ tab and make sure the ‘IMAP Access’ is enabled (‘Enable IMAP’) and click ‘Save’ for changes. Once you have setting up Gmail in Outlook 2016, you may follow these following steps:
- Go to the Outlook 2016 and click ‘File’ tab menu.
- Next to the ‘Account Settings’ tab, select ‘Add Account’.
- Select ‘Manual setup or additional server types’.
- Select ‘POP or IMAP’ in the ‘Choose Service’ window.
- In ‘POP and IMAP account settings’, fill the ‘user information’ as below:
Your Name: enter your name as the Gmail account name
Email Address: enter your complete Gmail address. For example: [email protected]
Account Type: select IMAP
Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
Username: enter user
Password: enter Gmail password
- Select ‘More settings’.
- In ‘Internet E-Mail Settings’, select ‘Outgoing Server’ tab.
- Check the ‘My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication’ box. Then, select the ‘Use name settings as my incoming mail server’ radio button.
- Move to the ‘Advanced’ tab. Then, enter the settings as below:
‘Incoming server (IMAP)’: 143 or 993
Enter in the ‘Incoming server encrypted connection’: SSL
‘Outgoing server (SMTP)’: 25 or 465
Enter in the ‘Outgoing server encrypted connection’: TLS
Then, click ‘OK’ > ‘Finished’.
- When you have finished all of the steps above, you can test your settings by pressing the ‘Test Account Settings’ button. If your account settings are correct, then, the green check and ‘Completed’ status will appear.
By doing these steps in setting up Gmail in Outlook 2016, you can check your E-Mail through Outlook. Moreover, you can also send E-Mail through Outlook just as you use E-Mail in the original Gmail website or app. Your work will be easier with just one program.