If you want to sell your iPhone 6s or if you have some problems like it keeps freezing or unresponsive, resetting it will be the answer. Knowing how to reset iPhone 6s will solve some problems related to its performance since it will wipe the data from your phone.
How to Reset iPhone 6s
- If you want to know how to reset your iPhone 6s, first thing to do is to do a backup for your data. You can use iTunes or iCloud to back up your device. For iTunes, you will need to connect your iPhone to your PC. While for iCloud, you just need to go to iCloud menu on your iPhone and if you have done the backup, you just need to tap the button to back up the data.
- Once you have done with the backup, you will do the factory reset after that. Factory reset is very helpful if your iPhone is crashing or freezing, it is also important if you want to sell your iPhone and you need to wipe all data on it. This is very important so that the buyer will not have an access for your personal data like photos or videos, or even your financial information.
- To reset your iPhone, you just need to go to Setting, then choose General menu, and choose Reset button.
- You will need to choose Erase All Content and Setting under the Reset menu.
- After that, you will need to type your passcode or you will get a warning box if you have not set a passcode. If you want to proceed, choose Erase iPhone in red.
- After you tap this button, you will need to enter you Apple ID password to authorize the action.
- After you have entered your Apple ID password, your iPhone will wipe the data in it and it will go to the startup menu. In this state, the iPhone has successfully reset itself and it will back like the first time you buy the iPhone. Other than that, you can also reset your phone using iTunes using the Restore iPhone menu in it.
Knowing how to reset iPhone 6s will help you to repair if there is a problem with the system or when you want to sell it. You need to be very careful with your data since once it has been reset, the data will be wiped off of your device.