Understanding how to clean printer heads properly is essential for all printer owners. This is due to the performance of the printer that will continue to decline during the lifetime. Many of the printer owners claim that the use of the printer in the early days will be very enjoyable because it still has the quality and function that works optimally. However, you will also experience problems, such as dashed printer printouts until ink colors that cannot come out.
How to Clean Printer Heads
One thing you need to do is to do a printer heads cleaning. Then, where is the printer heads itself? How to clean printer heads properly? Therefore, here is the following list of the steps and solutions for you to clean the printer heads that should you know.
- Go to ‘System Properties’ on your printer. Then click ‘Start’ > ‘Devices and Printer’.
- The next step is to choose the printer that you will clean the heads. Then, right click and select ‘Printer Properties’.
- Click the ‘Maintenance’ tab. In the window that appears, you will see the option ‘Head Cleaning’. Click that option.
- Cleaning: Lighter ink cleansing (recommended before ‘Head Cleaning’).
- Head Cleaning: Deeper cleaning for cleaning (drain ink).
- Nozzle Check: Checking the current print condition.
- Clean the printer heads only as necessary.
- If it is perceived that the printer has just experienced an error and it is not too severe, you only need to use the first step (no 1 regular cleaning) and on a certain color.
- If the print results are too severe despite regular cleaning, there is still no result could try to do a deeper cleaning.
Need to Know
There is more thing to understand too. When you plan to apply the Cleaning/Deep Cleaning/Head Cleaning steps, or even after printing the Nozzle Check, you should let it off for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. This is important to avoid the cartridge parts from getting heated. If it is left in hot condition for a long time, the cartridge will be at risk of damage.
Some steps and solutions above can be applied for those of you who don’t know how to clean printer heads before. This method is easy to do, even for printer owners who do not understand the technology in it. If this does not work and the printer printout is still problematic, there may be damage to the printer that you have, and you need a pro for this.