Signature becomes an important thing for a document. There is time when you have to send a document via email but you need to sign it first. Then, you print it out and then sign on it and finally scan it before sending it via email. Actually, that way is such a waste because there is a better and also faster way on how to add a signature to a PDF.
How to Add a Signature to a PDF?
Before knowing further about how to add a signature to a PDF, it is better for you to know about electronic signature. Sometimes, electronic signature is mistaken as digital signature while both of them are actually different. Digital signature is more cryptographically secure and complicated. Meanwhile, electronic signature is just an image of your signature that is overlaid on the top of the PDF document. It is simpler than digital signature. Here are some steps on signing in PDF by using Adobe Reader.
- First of all, open the document file that is needed to be signed.
- Then, look for the bar on the right side which contains menu, comment and share. After that, choose the tools part and choose sign & certify.
- After that, you will see some choices on the box of Sign & Certify. Among all the choices, choose the “place signature” one.
- Next, a window will appear and ask how to place a signature. Actually, there are four ways including type my signature, use webcam, draw my signature, and use an image. Type my signature is used by typing the name and then the signature will automatically be chosen. Use a webcam feature is used by using webcam to capture the signature’s image. Then, Draw my Signature where you can express your own electronic signature by yourself. The last step, use an Image is by uploading an image which contains signature.
- Then, choose the best way to have the signature. After that, click “accept” then you will get the signature in the cursor.
- If you are not satisfied with the result of signature, just image and press right click.
- After everything is done, you should click on “place signature” option and then you will have the same way until steps 6 or 8.
Later on, if you need to sign an electronic document, you should know that it is the easiest way to sign. Try those steps on how to add a signature to a PDF above and see how it helps easier and faster.